Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday. The wait was worth it!

We were able to go on the beach today!  It was a mix of sun and rain.  We enjoyed the sun and the occasional rain shower.  It wasn't raining too hard, actually refreshing.
Her fave snack.  Fresh cucumber from the garden
 Breakfast:  french toast.  This is a recipe from Candace Cameron Bure's book.  It's so sweet, no need for syrup!
  
crushed pineapple

made with cinnamon raisin bread


lunch: meatballs, romaine, ketchup

kinda cool!  sun setting underneath house.

Yes it's open!  I've been waiting for my hand pattied cheeseburger & ice cream for weeks.


Had my heart set on banana pudding.  They were out.  I said, "NOOOOOO!"  Ended up with strawberry cheesecake.  It was delicious, but nothing compares to banana pudding.
After dinner we walked on one of the piers in the inter-coastal waterway.  We saw a crab swimming in the water.  I had no idea they swam...just thought they crawled.

Then after tucking in the kiddos, I did my Rocky styled workout on the stairs at the beach condo.  I went slowly so I could make it last 30 minutes, then came squats, push ups, abs and stretching.  I did the Britney Spears' workout from this post.  I was super sweaty!  Ever tried a workout on real stairs?  It's tough!

How do you keep up your healthy lifestyle on vacation?  Do you allow yourself extra treats?  Exercise?

I hope you have a great Saturday!  Make it a joyful, healthy one.

Be healthy.  Be strong.

Take care,

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a decent day to hit the beach! Wehre are you vacationing at?
    The ice cream looks so good! I love ice cream but have drastically cut back on it to only a once a week treat. I was eating it almost every night in July...not good for the waistline & the scale even though it was the lowfat variety.
    Hugs!
    Sherri
    p.s thank you for such a sweet post on my blog re: when I was feeling down about being so stuck lately. IT warmed my heart to read it. I am thankful for you and all my weight loss sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Cat, well thats great that you all finally had a good day. The pics look great and the food too. Although I can't eat that stuff anymore, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...