Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Busy, Busy, and Loving It

My life has been so crazy busy!!!! I love to be busy, so it's all good!  I had to go to Warrenton today for a private sale, fun, fun.  Actually it was fun, I love meeting and talking with people!  Now it's par-tay time, over at Peas and Crayons, otherwise known as What I Ate Wednesday.




Let the party begin....

Breakfast:  Oatmeal (gluten free oats, Justin's Maple Almond Butter, chia, maple syrup, bananas) and turkey bacon (nitrate free)




Lunch:  Smithfield's Brunswick stew



Our snacks today:  my daughter packed these.  Good to know I've raised her right ;)



Dinner:  Taco Soup chili (recipe below) and romaine with Italian dressing




Taco Soup Chili Recipe

-Brown 1 pound of hamburger (may use ground turkey or chicken) and drain grease.
-Add:
1 can corn (partially drained)
2 cans pinto beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 package of taco seasoning (look for one with no MSG. I used about 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning found in the spice section of the grocery store.)
1 tablespoon chili powder
-Heat thoroughly 

optional:  (I haven't been adding these things to make it healthier, but they are very tasty)
Top with grated cheese, sour cream, onions, olives, brown sugar, etc. and serve with corn bread or corn chips. 

Let me know what you think of the recipe.  My family thinks it's super yummy!

Goodnight.  See ya tomorrow.



Cat's Belly Fat Cure Facebook Page

5 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds delicious Cat. glad you are embracing the busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that your daughter packs healthy snacks. I need to train my brothers to do that. Usually it is me scrambling last minute before a family road trip to pack all the snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks perfect for the upcoming cold winter nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat-
    I'm happy to hear you're enjoying you life. Love the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks so tasty!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...