Friday, December 23, 2011

What's Happening? I'm Going Back To School? What?

Wow, it's been too long since my last post.  I've been working, working out, getting ready for Christmas, going to a Carolina game, and doing a video interview.  Yes, a video interview, that was the special thing on Monday; it was so much fun!  I think I could get used to being in front of the camera ;).

Some pics from Monday:



I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the day.  It was a blast!

I'll let you know when the interview goes live.  

I'm still trying to keep up working out amidst the festivities.  Last night I went to the group fitness class, Body Pump and Body Combat.  I thought I had lost my mind doing 2 challenging classes back to back, but several others did as well, so I thought if they could do it so could I.  I lost steam about 1.5 hours through, but powered through to the finish.  It definitely challenged me in a good way!  Today I'm going to Body Pump again, not sure if it's a good thing since I just went last night...hmm, but I want to take the class from a friend of mine.  Can't wait to take her class!

Last night after my workout I made this super yumm-o super food smoothie:
Strawberries, banana, chia, Sambazon azai puree, spinach, stevia

Doesn't look like the most appetizing drink, but it was SO DELICIOUS.  My 4 year old loved it & had 2 servings, even wanting more.  She said it was so good!  If you have trouble getting kids to eat greens, put them in a smoothie & they'll love it! Really.
I've also enrolled in Cornell University, eCornell to obtain a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition.  I've been interested in this program for quite some time.  I love studying nutrition and how food effects my body; food as medicine is awesome and amazing!  If you've seen the documentary Forks Over Knives (just click the link for the website), it reports the life saving benefits of a plant based diet.  If you haven't seen the documentary make sure to watch it, and it's on Netflix now.  It will change your life.



Well a busy day ahead, working out, cleaning house, shopping, grocery shopping, and taking care of all of those last minute details before Christmas, so I best get moving!  It was great talking with y'all through my blog.

Thanks for stopping by checking out my little corner of the world.  If I don't talk to you before, have a Merry Christmas!

Take care,





Cat's Belly Fat Cure Facebook Page

8 comments:

  1. How exciting that you're going back to school! Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news-You'll have so many experiences back in the classroom. A nice perk will be the interesting people you'll meet.
    Keep us posted, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and that course sounds fun and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cat, I hope you and your family has a great Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much going on for you! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin skinny there chickadee!!! Good for you on taking that class. I think it sounds empowering! I applaud you on the back to back classes too. Makes me tired to think about it. haha! I am back to the weight loss grind tomorrow. Ive had a little too much leash with my diet this past week. Time to get back to business!
    Merry christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat. Just stopping by to say hello and hope you had a Merry Christmas. I think it's great that you are taking some online courses. I'm sure you will learn so much. Love your photos! Hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...