Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday! AND Week 11 Results AND more secrets revealed!


If you like fabulous food, pics, and recipes from other bloggers, check out Peas and Crayons.

Breakfast:
Super yum oatmeal:  gf oats, fuji apple, Justin's maple almond butta, Sun Crystals, Garden of Life Super Seed.  Delicious.
Lunch:

+ PLUS+
= TRUE LOVE

Really.  These two together in a sandwich = happy me.  I usually pair it with an apple or raw carrots.  Chocolate almond butter sandwich - That's whats for lunch!

Dinner:  Glazed sesame pork with green beans
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper over both sides of 5 center cut pork chops.
Heat 2 tsp. dark sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add pork and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

Mix:
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. low sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted (I didn't have time to toast them)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

Add to the pork chops. 

Cover. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 20 minutes or until tender.  Serve pork with sauce.
Voila!  Dinner is served.

These pork chops are really delicious, excellent flavor, salty & sweet.  Love meat with a little bit of sweet.  
Even my 4 year old loved them:

My 8 year old wanted to act like she loved them.  She wasn't interested in trying them.  Just wanted her picture taken ;).

and dessert, gluten free, milk free chocolate chip cookie!

I spoke a little of my weight loss secrets in the last post .  I mentioned developing a nutrition plan that resonates with your belief system, well this is a glimpse into mine.  Sometimes I vary it depending on the goals I need to obtain for the week, but this day is a good snapshot of a typical day, well minus the cookie.  Ideally I add treats about twice a week  I concentrate on eating real food and minimizing junk.  I try to balance carbs for the day by allowing high carb meals in the beginning to middle of the day if I like.  However, by mid-afternoon to evening I minimize starch greatly and eat nothing after dinner, even if I'm hungry.  I believe we don't need heavy carb meals at night and more protein helps to keep me full longer, so I can avoid snacking at night. I firmly believe most of my weight loss is due to how I eat in the evenings, which is so different from how I used to eat. Heavy nighttime snacking consumed me, resulting in an extra 500-1000 calories consumed after dinner 4 to 5 times per week.  I would become stressed, anxious and run to food for comfort.  That's not me anymore and I'm not going back!

The secret to remaining joyful eating this way, when others around you are eating a more stimulating unhealthy diet, is to remain content.  If dining out and your friend is eating a slice of cake the size of your head, don't whine and think why can't I eat that or I'm so miserable, why can they eat cake & I can't.  Instead remain content. Just think of your goals and how skipping this dessert will place you that much closer to them.  Doesn't that feel better than that slice of cake!

Philippians 4:11

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

Oh, I almost forgot weigh in numbers for the week!  I lost 3 pounds!  Now I'm only 3 pounds away from reaching my 40 day challenge weight loss goal by my birthday, November 20th!  I'm not going to accept failure.

Take care everyone and make it a healthy day.

P.S. Make sure to check out the new Cat's Belly Fat Cure Facebook page.  Link to the right ->

    12 comments:

    1. HI Cat, All your stuff looks so good - but has way too much sugar for me on the BFC.
      I agree that not eating as much in the evenings has helped me too. I stopped eating carbs w/dinner way when I first started the BFC and it worked.
      Have a great day :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Contentment with what you are eating is KEY to success, I totally agree! What a little nugget o wisdom. Put that one somewhere for safe keeping!! Have a super day!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I appreciate that you're true to yourself. I love that scripture-thank you for sharing. You're so close to your goal-congratulations Cat.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I too love your scriptures! It looks like you have a plan that is working for you, and your are going to get to your goal! That is amazing. It appears to me that you eat more sugar than I can too. I know it would be a slippery slope back to starting over. I really do need to get myself some almond butter. The chocolate one looks amazing! Have a great day and thank you for all of your kind and inspirational comments to me:)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Fran, I have to try some flavored PB with rice crackers. Sounds great.

      Thanks for the comments y'all. They keep me going.

      ReplyDelete
    6. HI Cat. Congrats on that 3 lbs. You are so close to goal and that's awesome. I love the contentment saying you talked about and the scripture reading. I'm still focusing on the phrase from the last post...there are no perfect tomorrows. That is a great one and so, so, true. I like that we all are finding our best way to lose and maintain. It's all a bit different for each person. I've tweaked my program a bit this week too. Hugs to you from me!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Its all about what is working for you, and my goodness, 3# lost ina week?! That is fabulous girl!!!! Keep up the good work & kudos to you for getting your kids to eat what you are eating. Mine are super picky (well, my oldest is) & she would turn her nose up at anything like that. I, on the other hand, would not!
      Have a great day!!
      Hugs
      Sherri

      ReplyDelete
    8. Pork chops are a fave over here, and the one you made looks good. I have a recipe for a chop with an herbed butter on top at the end that I should post for you - its good! Happy everything is going well for you!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Kat, congrats on the 3lb weight loss and for being so close to your goal. The food looks yummy...I have never made good pork chops maybe I will have to give this a try.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Cat - that is great! Congrats on your 3lbs. I love that your girls wanted in on the action. The sesame pork looks really really good!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Cat I seriously, really, thought you were saying what you ate on Wednesday was peas and crayons. I didn't realize that was a blog (I'm new here!). I couldn't imagine how crayons could help you lose weight, but whatever!! Love you! YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...