7 FABULOUS WAYS TO INCREASE METABOLISM
- Check metabolism rate. Just go to doctoroz.com to use the online calculator. From here that number can be adjusted based on muscle mass and metabolism boosters.
- Cut 100 calories. In a long term trial the best way for long term sustained weight loss was to cut 100 calories per day from your diet.
- Add protein. In order to digest protein your body burns twice as many calories when compared with carbohydrates. For even more fat burning make the protein high in omega 3 fatty acids and increase fat burning enzymes.
- Eat every 3 hours. After waking up eat ASAP. Boost metabolism by never being hungry. The only catch, no eating after 8 PM! While snacking include some monounsaturated fat to burn fat. People who eat a 250 calorie snack 3 times per day will eat so much less at meal time they will lose weight.
- Drink 3 ice drinks per day. It works by making the body rewarm. Results in 1 pound of weight loss per year.
- Take zinc. Leptin is a hunger hormone, it decreases hunger. Leptin is dependent on zinc. Most multivitamins contain a sufficient amount.
- Exercise in bursts.
While these ideas are not new to me, it was a good reminder of some things that have worked for me in the past, especially adding protein and eating every 3 hours. I've noticed every time I overeat it was proceeded by a long period of not eating, then getting way too hungry. My willpower is reduced to almost nothing if I get too hungry.
A motivational tip that helps me as well is to picture myself with a trim, toned body. It makes saying no to those chili cheese fries so much easier. Are they worth putting me that much farther from my goals? Umm, probably not. Something else I've been doing lately is having a few tastes of an unhealthy food, enough to satisfy the craving, then stopping with that, totally satisfied. It works. Try it.
What would be different for you if you were at your dream weight? For me, I'd feel sexy, empowered knowing if I did this I could do anything. What do you think?
Have a great weekend everyone.