Sunday, October 23, 2011

This weekend, I did it & a new recipe

Over the weekend I tried a new healthy cookie recipe, banana oatmeal peanut butter cookies.  They were so yum!  Here's the recipe:

Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, egg free)
Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
2 tablespoons organic local maple syrup
2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup no dairy chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup into a creamy consistency in a large bowl.
In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well combined, the batter should be slightly sticky.


Fold in the chocolate chips.  Place heaping tablespoon sized balls of the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.  Makes 15 cookies.

These cookies were delicious. Too delicious because there are none left. oops!

For some time I've been wanted to do something that would remind me of my new life where anything is possible, weight loss or any goal for that matter.  I decided to get my cartilage in my left ear pierced!!!!  So tonight after dropping the kids off at church, I went to the mall by myself and had it done.  I like it.  What do you think?




After this week and weekend, even though I stayed on track most of the time, I don't think my weight loss will be stellar.  That said, this weekend hubby and I went to Bonefish Grill .  It was SO DELICIOUS.  I highly recommend it.  Monday its time to get back on track and BUST this plateau baby!  I need a plan, so I developed one.  

This weeks action plan:
Nutrition:
  • Eat carbohydrates (fruit, grains, etc.) at breakfast or within 2 hours of  working out.
  • Other snacks and meals will consist of protein and veggies.
  • Lots of H2O.  Some tea.
  • Will continue gluten free and dairy free.  I'm feeling too good to stop now.  
Exercise:
  • workout 5 days this week (cardio and resistance).  Probably will split my time between the two.  
Sleep:
  • in bed by midnight ( I know this sounds late, but I've been known to stay up to 2 - 3 a.m.)
Still can't believe I got my ear pierced!!! Yay!!!!!!!!


Did you ever do anything to remind you of a goal or a new chapter in your life?

Daily Inspiration:


Have a wonderful week, staying healthy and fit.  

Take care,

    6 comments:

    1. Your piercing is super cute, I got my tragus (the small flap of cartilage in front of the ear) done several years ago and I still love it. I remember doing it as a change and to help remember that time in my life.

      Cheers to a new week and breaking through your plateau.

      ReplyDelete
    2. looking fine sis! I will have to try the new cookie recipe, looks legit to me!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I will have to make this recipe for the family! Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    4. So many things to comment on. :)
      I've been craving oatmeal cookies and been forgetting to look for a healthy recipe...YAY!
      Looks like we are on the same wavelength with making changes. I like the eating carbs for breakfast and then going with protein and veggies for the rest of the day. I'll have to check into that.
      I got my cartilage pierced a couple years ago. My husband, who is usually very conservative where things like that are concerned, suggested it. And so, I did! I love it, although it took a looooooong time to completely heal.
      Gonna have to come up with a "goal reminder"...I like that!

      ReplyDelete
    5. You're a brave one to get your cartilage pierced! It looks pretty cool though! If I'm having carbs I also try to have them in the morning and then no more the rest of the day. I've been into oatmeal lately with some blueberries and walnuts.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Those cookies sound yummy. I love the earring. My daughter had hers done but I have always been afraid to do it. I had my nose pierced a few years ago but it got infected, loved it when I had it though.

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...